2023 marks the 20th anniversary of the BilgeBucket Gazette. Our first issue was on May 19, 2003 and we’ve been shoveling it to the public, just like the corporate media, ever since. We changed our format to a WordPress blog in 2011 so all of our earlier material was archived. We’ve been reposting many of those archived articles, headlines, photo-toons, BilgeBucket Lists and other content over the past twelve years. In honor of our 20th, and because we’re sick of the current state of affairs in the world, we’ll be reposting more items from 2003 through 2009 throughout this year.
BilgeBucket Lists were a staple for our site between 2005 and 2009. They’re basically our version of Top Ten Lists which were made popular by David Letterman on his Late Show. We’ve already reposted many lists in our category BilgeBucket Lists. Since Super Bowl LVII is coming up this week right here in Arizona, we’ve decided to do our part in building excitement and repost a list from out January 11, 2006 issue which delved into the top rejected halftime shows for Super Bowl XL which took place in Detroit, Michigan between Pittsburgh and Seattle. The halftime show of that Super Bowl featured the Rolling Stones. Just two years prior, the infamous wardrobe malfunction took place. By perusing our list below, just think of the glorious entertainment we might have had.
- Kevin Federline performs the soon to be smash hits from his upcoming CD while reclining in his La-Z-Boy
- The Performance Art Group The Masturbators
- Clem Haywood and his Farting Pigs
- Howler monkeys reenact the entire first half of gridiron action
- Kalamazoo resident Fanny Jean Jones crochets a stylish poncho…LIVE!…ONSTAGE!
- Jack Abramoff, Tom Delay and Dennis Hastert do a snappy song and dance routine to Jailhouse Rock
- Tom Cruise jumps up and down on a couch while demonstrating his many cocky poses
- Laura Bush performs her bawdy stand up comedy routine
- Hillary Clinton performs her bawdy stand up comedy routine
- William Huong and Celine Dion sing a medley of Clay Aiken hits
- Poetry Slam featuring Donald Rumsfeld reciting the poems of 50 Cent
- Janet Jackson exposes Justin Timberlake’s breasts
And now for something completely different…
With all the depressing daily shootings that are going on, we thought we’d do something Pythonesquely different and devote some attention to summer travel and tourism. We haven’t done a BilgeBucket List for some time, so we decided to highlight our fair burg of Cactus Corners, Arizona, just in time for the sweltering 110+ degree heat. Everyone’s heard of the Seven Wonders of the World. Our little corner of the desert has some splendid attractions, well worth your tourist dollar. So, in an effort to educate the world on the awe-inspiring splendors that make Cactus Corners such a miserable hell hole, America’s trendiest suburb, here is a list of the Seven Wonders of Cactus Corners.
- Delores Romanowski’s Five Story Compost Heap
- The Hubcap Dinosaur Statue at Prospector Pete’s Gold Mine Ride & Fun-o-torium
- Raul’s Sex Emporium’s Tower, which looks like a giant penis
- The Mechanical Gila Monster on the ninth hole at J.J.’s Putt-o-rama
- The flock of pink flamingo lawn ornaments at Cactus Trailer Park Supplies
- The melted ice cream stain of Jesus in front of the Dairy Fairy on Prickly Pear & Ranch
- The melted ice cream stain of Elvis next to the melted ice cream stain of Jesus in front of the Dairy Fairy on Prickly Pear & Ranch
The holiday season is in full swing. If you haven’t spent yourself into bankruptcy yet and are still looking for the right gift for that special someone in your life, look no further. Our intrepid staff has conveniently compiled a list of the hot “gotta have it” items for this years holiday season. Take this to the mall and don’t forget your helmet, spiked gloves and shoulder pads. Holiday shopping is dangerous!
- An Official Miley Cyrus Foam Finger
- A painting by George W. Bush of George W. Bush in the bathtub
- ‘Moby Dick’ by Rand Paul
- The NSA Super Snooper Spy Kit – For Kids
- Ted Cruz’s new fragrance: Arrogant Ass
- A lump of coal autographed by Dick Cheney
- ‘The Great Gatsby’ by Rand Paul
- Sarah Palin’s Book ‘Good Tidings and Great Joy’ Yule Log
- ‘Kwanzaa For Dummies’ by Paula Deen
- A Carlos Danger Action Figure with Realistic Twerkin’ Motion
- Walter White’s Meth Starter Kit – For Kids
- ‘Atlas Shrugged’ by Rand Paul
- A ‘Jesus was a Liberal’ T-Shirt (blatant capitalistic plug)
- Guns, guns and more guns
2013, Bush, Carlos Danger, Cheney, christmas, Cruz, Dubya, festivus, gift, healthcare, holiday, kwanzaa, Miley Cyrus, Palin, Paule Deen, Rand Paul, shopping, Walter White
The world is going nuts over Royal Baby Mania! Why? We have no idea. For some reason, people are going gaga because some rich, privileged young couple, who happen to be a duke and duchess in an archaic, mostly for show monarchy that has no relevance in a modern democratic world, have just had their first son. Yay! Now comes the hard part. What name are they going to give this lil’ guvnuh and future King of Britannia. Well, we’ve thought about this a long time…ahem…actually we just slapped it together at the last second…and we’ve come up with a jolly good list of names for the lil’ bloke. We can hear it now…(trumpet clarion) Ladies and Gentlemen, presenting to you…
- Prince ‘Enery
- Prince Spanky
- Prince Wang Peng
- Prince Nigel Smythe Googlyham Witherford Helmsley
- Prince Big Unit
- Prince Voldemort
- Prince Bubba
- Prince Funkmaster G
- Prince Slappy
- Prince Snake
- Prince Jesus
- Prince Prince
- Prince Dick
- Prince Awesomeo
The St. Ronald Reagan Institute For Real Science has recently released a new and improved guide to conservation, Republican style, called “Neoconservation”. The BilgeBucket Gazette presents to you some of the suggestions and fascinating findings stated in the report.
- Go out and buy a Hummer. NOW!
- Support your local utility company. Leave the lights on.
- Smog is good for you. Trees cause pollution. Go cut down a tree.
- Extinction is perfectly natural. The polar bear’s gonna die out eventually anyway.
- Crude oil is a necessary part of a caribou’s diet.
- Global warming is good for the planet and the economy. Just think of all the land in Antarctica that can be developed if the ice caps melt.
- Less ozone means better suntans.
- It’s our God given right as Americans to drill for and use every drop of oil on the planet.
- America has plenty of mountains. We can spare two, three or fifty for mining.
- Acid rain scrubs your body clean.
- Factories are our friends. Go hug a smokestack.
The new movie, The Bourne Legacy, is due to open in theaters in August. However, in this movie, the action will revolve around a new character, Aaron Cross and not Jason Bourne, the former CIA assassin, turned rogue agent. This movie will surely be a blockbuster and the Bourne franchise will probably continue well into the future much like the James Bond series. Everybody loves a good spy film, right? Well, the BilgeBucket staff has come up with a list of suggested titles and plots for upcoming movies in the Bourne universe. If Hollywood chooses these gems, the movies are sure to be a smashing success!
- New Bourne King – Bourne gets amnesia and thinks he’s Jesus
- The Bourne Losers – Bourne gets amnesia and becomes a member of the Kansas City Royals
- Bourne on the Fourth of July – Bourne get amnesia and thinks he’s James Cagney
- Bourne to Run – Bourne gets amnesia and a chronic case of diarrhea
- Bourne to be Wild – Bourne gets amnesia and thinks he’s Lady Gaga
- First Bourne – Bourne regains his memory temporarily and remembers his days as a schoolyard assassin
- Bourne Again – Bourne gets amnesia and thinks he’s a televangelist
- Water Bourne – Bourne gets amnesia and thinks he’s a dolphin
- A Star is Bourne – Bourne gets amnesia and becomes the toast of Broadway starring as Eliza Doolittle in a revival of My Fair Lady
- Bourne Free – Bourne gets amnesia and tries to live as a lion on the savannahs of Africa
- Bourne on the Bayou – Bourne gets amnesia and thinks he’s a Cajun crocodile farmer
- To the Manor Bourne – Bourne gets amnesia and has bawdy adventures as a well heeled gentleman in merry old England
- Natural Bourne Killers – Bourne gets amnesia and confronts a whole slew of people who just want to kill him (Wait…that’s the plot for the first three movies)
- Bourne Yesterday – Bourne gets amnesia and time travels back to The Bourne Identity and relives his adventures from his first movie
- Bourne and Bread – Bourne gets amnesia and makes lots of dough as a baker
It’s summertime again in America. Its time for kids to take a break from school and adults to take a break from work to head out of town for a week or two and visit top tourist destinations such as Disneyland, Six Flags Amusement Parks and the dozens of beautiful National Parks which dot our great land. But there are many alternative destinations that are off the beaten path which deserve mention and visitation. The BilgeBucket staff has compiled a list of some of these unconventional locales for 2012. So pack up your things…it’s time to go road tripping! And no complaining or we’ll turn this article around and go back. For more strange attractions, go to Roadside America.
- The Wisconsin Cheese Repository in Gouda Vista, Wisconsin
- Dow Chemical’s Pond of Mystery, Piscataway, New Jersey
- Three Story Outhouse, Sticksville, North Dakota
- World’s Largest Zit on Megan Roberts’ forehead, Irvine, California (Oh my God! It’s like so huge!)
- Prostitution Monument, Morningwood, Nevada
- America’s Smelliest Jail, Swelterburg, Mississippi
- Fetid Gulch, Texas: Roach Capital of the World
- Grosse Margine, Michigan: Birthplace of Accounting
- Laxative Museum at Del Weaver’s Twilight City Retirement Community, La Popa, Florida
- Little Kenny Dawson’s Dead Sparrow in a Shoe Box, 723 Adams St, Butler, Illinois
- The Palace of Debilitating Despair, Toledo, Ohio
- Grandpa Wally’s Liquor Bottle Village, Big Little Horn, Montana
- Atom and Eve’s Nuclear Waste Dump and Health Spa, Glowing Sage, Nevada
- House Made of Tampons, Kotex, Florida
- Hall of Idiots, Morons and Felons, Capitol Building, Washington D.C.
Native Americans have long taken offense with many professional sports teams with team names that reference their culture, sometimes in a derogatory manner. The biggest offenders who are usually mentioned are the Cleveland Indians(Chief Wahoo), Atlanta Braves(Chief Knock-a-homa) and the Washington Redskins. We think that the worst offender in this group is definitely the Redskins. The term Redskin is an offensive slur even to people of non-Native-American persuasion. Imagine calling a professional sports team in San Diego the Spics or a team from New York the Kikes or a team from Milwaukee the Honkies. It’s just not a good idea! In basketball, the Washington Bullets changed their name to the Washington Wizards because they wanted to distance themselves from a reference to violence. Would it be so horrible for Washington to change the team name to something like the Warriors or some other name which appropriately reflects the city’s stature as the nation’s capital and political and military center? Well, the Bucket is here to help. Here’s a list of possible new team names for the Washington Redskins.
- Washington Blowhards
- Washington Kickbacks
- Washington Intern Bangers
- Washington SuperPACs
- D.C. Cherry Blossoms (complete with pink, lavender and red uniforms)
- D.C. Cabs
- Washington Gasbags
- Washington Lobbyists
- Washington Generals (oops! Already taken!)
- Washington Rear Admirals
- Washington Snollygosters
- Capital Critters
- Capital Offenses
- Washington Influence Peddlers
- Washington Supremes
- Washington Crooks
derogatory, football, name, Native American, new, professional, racial slur, Redskins, sports, team, Washington
Back to our Sports BS… and picking on the pre-Ken Whisenhunt Arizona Cardinals. Here’s a BilgeBucket List from our November 13, 2006 issue.
Well it’s November so that means the football Cardinals are battling it out for the cellar of their division. Since the Cardinals moved to the Valley of the Sun in 1988, they’ve had one winning season in 1998 with a record of 9-7. They did win a first round playoff game against the Cowboys that year, but come on; this team bites it! Year in and year out, this teams finds a way to lose! Playing in a brand new stadium, the Cardinals are 1-8 and are the worst team in the NFL. What’s the one constant lo these many years: dweebish owner Bill Bidwell. So we say to Mr. Bidwell, do the football fans of Arizona a favor and just sell this team already! Now that our soapbox moment has passed, we present the top excuses for this year’s Cardinals team.
- Our new multi-million dollar stadium is nice but we need a newer one if we’re going to have a winning record
- The opponents make funny faces and we start laughing
- We can’t seem to play well if people are watching us
- We are grossly underpaid
- Matt Leinart is distracted by all the commercial scripts he’s got to memorize
- We can’t run because our cheerleaders keep giving us boners
- Coach Green scares us
- It’s too damn hot here!
- We keep thinking about those BBQ Ribs at Mr. B’s Bowtie Barbecue
- We’re still recovering from quarterback Jim Hart’s retirement in the early ‘80s
- We need a mascot a little more intimidating than an 8 inch, seed eating, red bird; we’re friggin’ football players damn it!
- We’re blinded by Bill Bidwell’s incandescent charisma
The holiday season has come and gone and with it comes the inevitable decline in shopping. But while we were running around hectically trying to find that perfect gift, we also noticed that there were some specialty stores in the malls of Cactus Corners, that because of their merchandise or services, probably won’t be around for very much longer. Here they are in convenient list form.
- Faded Charms Used Lingerie
- T’oh Clipperz
- Broccoli on a Stick
- Dickeys For Less
- Paper Clip City
- The Tampon Hut
- Olson’s Designer Toothpicks
- Itchy Cosmetics
- Whirligigs and Crap
- The Lederhosen Depot
- Turnip Treats
- The Amish Fashion Barn
- Turbans, Turbans, Turbans
- U.S. Army Recruiter